Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Weekend in Praha

I wish I could've posted this earlier this week, but I haven't figured out how to post on the blog from my Blackberry. So I'm going to have to do some catching up. This past weekend I went to Prague, and I had a great time. I didn't know really what to expect from this city, except that I've heard it's a beauiful city, and it definitely was. After this weekend, Prague is now one of my favorite European cities. When we got off at the train station, which wasn't the main train station of Prague, I was kind of scared because it was a pretty ghetto train station. But once we found our hostel and made it to the city center I knew I was going to love it. The architecture of all the old buildings was beautiful, and it seemed like a very clean city. The only problems were that there were so many tourists, most of whom smelled like b.o. But we probably didn't smell so great either after being on the night train then in such hot weather. The money situation was also very frustrating, because it was difficult figuring out how much stuff was really worth in Euros or dollars for however many crowns. It was hard finding good deals. But we did a lot of souvenir shopping, and it was fun seeing all the crystal and babushka dolls. There were so many different babushka dolls. There were ones that were Disney themed and ones that had all the different sports stars. We also went up to the top of the cathedral and had an amazing view after the 287 steps in a very small winding staircase with two-way traffic. We also did a river cruise on the Vtalva, which I really liked. Riding the night train both ways was definitely an experience. And we all now know what a "couchette" is, and they are amazing. Well, definitely more amazing than trying to sleep in the chairs. I slept almost all the way back, and we made it back to Dusseldorf in plenty of time, ready for another full week.

No comments: