Friday, July 13, 2007

amsterdam

Ooops... I am trying to post from my blackberry for the first time. I think it posted without any text the first time. I am on the train to prague getting ready to go to sleep. I just wanted to post about my experiences last weekend and this week. Last weekend we went to amsterdam. We did not leave until saturday around lunch so we did not have a lot of time there since we left early sunday evening, but I enjoyed my stay there. It is a very unique and interesting city. We went to the red light district. It is very different from what we are used to. Kim and I also went to the van gogh museum and did the heineken experience. The heineken experience is probably my favorite thing so far. Kim and I made a video there that we sent to our family and friends. They seemed to enjoy it a lot. We also got tokens for 3 free beers and a free bottle opener so it makes the money you spend on the tour seem worth it. I think my favorite parts of this past week was the tour of the upper part of the dom in koln and my cultural studies class. It is interesting to see the differences between american and german culture. Todays school system conversation was very interesting. Kim and I continued this cinversation on the train with a guy that is sitting next to us on the train to prague. He does not understand that we do not get a masters before we go on to professional school. He also thinks it is funny that we spend 4 years on just a bachelors degree. It was interesting to see it from his point of view since he our age and going through the same experience. Now I think I'm off to bed. We have about 8 hours before we are in prague so I better get some sleep.

No comments: