Friday, July 27, 2007

German/Polish doctor's visit

Since I have been sick for 5 day and only getting worse. I decided to see a doctor to get some antibiotics. After asking for a nearby doctor at the apotheke, we went searching. The first doctor's office we found was only open from 8-11?? I found that a bit strange. The second office we visited saw kimberly and I nearly right away. Turns out that the doctor was polish and didnt speak any english. Even steffi had a hard time understanding him. After a short breifing of our symptoms, he proceeded with his examination. It included looking a kim's throat and listening to her chest, and looking at my throat and my ears. That's it. Nothing else. No weight measurement, no feeling the lymph nodes, no listening to my chest even though I the worse cough, nothing. He had the nurse take our tempurature only after I said I might have a slight fever, and then they took it in our armpits. Kinda old school... I dont know if thats the normal doctors visit in Germany, but I'm sure glad I dont have something serious, like mono, or else I'm sure it would have gotten over looked.

No comments: