Friday, July 27, 2007

Paris

While I came to Paris with low expectations, I wasnt entirely dissapointed. The city is outrageously expensive and not as beautiful as I hoped. The Arc de Trimph was pretty cool. If you decide to not fork out the 9 euros to go up the eiffel tower. The Arc is only 5 and the symmetical streets fanning out are quite impressive. It also gives a good distance view of the eiffel tower. We visited the louvre, again museums... Not my favorite. While we were looking at the crown jewels, an alarm went off and big metal gates shut us in the room for a few minutes. I was hoping to see some kind of heist attempt, but it was just a false alarm. Bummer. We spent one of our nights with a bottle of wine on the lawn under the eiffel tower. Every hour, the light show makes it look like its sparkling with light flashes. It's really pretty. Would I recommend Paris? If you have no budget, time to spare, sure. But otherwise, I would recommend going to Prague or Amsterdam before Paris.

No comments: