Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bavaria

So far, Bavaria is my favorite place in Germany. On Monday, we ventured through some holy ruins in a nice light rain. It was a great opportunity to reflect on the beauty of old structures that have become part of nature.

Upon arrival in Nürnburg, we took a tour through the town. Personally, my favorite part of the town was the brewery a few of us visited after our failed attempt at covering the Nürnberg trials. We tried all four types of beers, and I would have to say my favorite beer was a light wheat beer that came in 0,5 L glasses. I was able to succesfully order a meal in German as well. I am finally getting close to knowing all of the basics for ordering food.

After Nürnberg, we travelled to München and toured around with a really great tour guide. I really enjoyed the tour of Dachau. It is sickening to see what people are capable of when sufficiently brainwashed. Hearing the stories of prisoner abuse made me reflect of the dark psychology that causes people to act in such a sadistic manner. The video confronted me with sad thoughts as well. I can only imagine the emotions that ran through the prisoners minds as they were released from concentration camps. It is depressing to know that the nazis were bent on psychological abuse as well as physical abuse.

On a side note, sorry for the blank post below :/

No comments: