Thursday, July 19, 2007

2 Weeks in Germany

So I can't believe we've already been here two weeks already. I was talking to my host mom just last night about how fast the time is going by. This past week has been great. Last week was hard for me because I felt pretty homesick and missed my family and friends a lot and still do, but it helps that we keep so busy. A big part of it was also being thrown into living with a whole different country and culture. It just takes a while to get used to I guess.

So on Monday coming straight from an overnight train from Prague, we went to Bonn on the train and went to a research and experimental farm. I understood a lot of what our guide talked about from taking animal science. On Tuesday, we went to the Heart and Diabetes Center. We heard a lot of presentations. I enjoyed the one on heart transplant the most, because I felt like the MRI presentations were way over my head. I think Wednesday was the most fun for me. I loved the river cruise and seeing all the hills and the little towns spread out down the river. The wine tasting was great. I don't think i'm very good at telling the differences between the wines, but they were all good. I just got one wine for me and Michelle to give our host mom. Yesterday we went to the zoo, and it was fun seeing the baby elephant and chimps. Michelle, Kaylee, and I stayed in Cologne after the zoo tour to eat and shop. We thought we were the only ones staying, but Dr. Musser and Dr. Wasser stayed also and we kept running into them throughout Cologne. We ate at a cafe, then only got to shop for a little while before most of the stores closed at 8. We watched a street magician for a while and just walked through the city. It was funny because we ended up on the same train as our professors, and headed home.

No comments: