Sunday, July 29, 2007

Interlaken

This weekend we went to Interlaken, Switzerland. We left from Munich on Friday morning. I enjoyed our time in Munich. It is my favrote city in Germany so far and even though beer is not my favorite drink, I enjoyed the beer and beergarten experience there. I was able to get a lot of presents for my family and friends there. Our tour guide was very intelligent and did a great job giving a tour of the city and of Dachau. Dachau as well as the Nazi Rally Grounds were both very moving places to be at. It is hard to stand there and think about all the terrible things that have happened in that exact place you are standing. After this experience, it was nice to have time to relax and reflect on the experiences of the past week. In Interlaken, we went canyoning yesterday. It was a lot of fun.I also wanted to do the bungy jump from the gondola but they were not doing it again until Monday. That was kind of disappointing but at least it saved me some money. We have enjoyed ourselves this weekend and have spent almost all of our time outdoors. It has been very refreshing and relaxing. The people here were not as friendly as people in other cities that we have traveled to. Our whole hostel was almost all American so I am sure that they get annoyed with tourists. However, I am starting to miss my friends and family a lot. I know that the next two weeks will go by faster than I think. Kim and I have decided to stay in Dusseldorf next weekend, relaxn work on our assignments and spend time with our host family. We might even try to cook them Mexican food if we can find all of the ingredients.

No comments: