Sunday, July 22, 2007

6 zurich

This weekend we went to zurich switzerland. it was exactly the kind of relaxing weekend I needed. Although zurich is notoriously expensive, the real attraction of the city was the beautiful surroundings. We didn't have to spend money on museums or admittance to landmarks. We just leisurely walked down the interesting ancient shopping streets of antique bookstores, art, and swiss chocolates (by the way the best chocolate thus far. I think chocolate accounted for a few of my "meals"). The river forms a lake in the middle of the city with many sailboats and swimmers and old houses embedded into the hillside. I took a much needed nap on the grass in a park in front of the lake. There has been so much information to take in and so little time to relax - zurich came at just the right time. I think it will take me a month or two after I get back home for my mind to process everything we have seen and done in europe. And it just keeps getting better. We are on our way to munich and nuremberg now and I still haven't even seen berlin!

No comments: