Wednesday, July 18, 2007

i like harry potter

So I've really enjoyed this week thus far. Its been very eventful. Monday we went to the animal reseatch facility, where we saw all sorts of creatures. I really liked the fistulated cattle. I was amazed at how the rumen was still able to be a working part of the digestive system, even with a gaping hole in it. The holstein with the fistulated rumen were huge! I had no idea that cattle could get that large. Speaking of large, the boars at the facility were also huge. Some of the boars, when standing, came up to my shoulders, and I had no idea that they could be that vicious. Seeing the little piglets feeding was also really neat. It was interesting to view the sperm under a microscope and to learn a little bit more about the development of the embryo. Afterwards, we went to the carnival across the river, and that by far has been the most fun I have had on the trip thus far. It was fun just chilling out and enjoying ourselves. I really liked how Dr. Musser and Steffi got out there on the dance floor with us. That was cool. I have bever been on a cooler ride than the one we were on at the carnival. I almost blacked out it was so cool. The only thing I was disappointed in was the candy apple. The apple was rotten. Boo. The pina colodas, however, yum. I really really liked the heart and diabetes center. It reaffirmed that I want to become a physician. I loved watching the surgery. Some of the MRI was interesting, but I was just too excited about the surgery. I'm excited about the wine tasting today, I want to find out what type of wine I like, since I'm not very experienced in the wine area. I can't wait!

No comments: