Friday, July 27, 2007

Well our week in bavaria is over, which is kind of sad because it was a lot of fun and we really got to see a lot of amazing things. After we left nuremberg, we spent a couple days in munich, which I loved and would definitely want to come back to some day! Our city tour was great and our tour guide was the best one we've had so far, I think. We really got a chance to learn about the city and its past and how much of that past is rooted in the nazis. Yesterday we went to dachau to the concentration camp and had the same tour guide, and it was all a really moving experience to be there where the prisoners actually were and hear their stories. That afternoon, we had some free time and so a few of us went to the english garden and that was so much fun, I only wish I had brought my bathing suit! :) and yes, there were definitely some naked people there but there were also a lot of people about our age just laying out in their swimsuits soaking up the sun and playing in the water, which wouldve been nice considering how hot it was. We also saw the wave at one corner of the park where people go and surf it. Its funny because there's a sign that says to not surf (it was in german obviously, but I got the gist of it!) But the sides are lined with surfers, some in wetsuits, waiting to throw their board in and have a turn. It was really cool to watch. On our walk back we saw a fender bender with three cars and accidentally walked through a movie set....so I would have to say those few hours were pretty eventful and if you ever just want to people watch, go to the english garden! Last night was fun, because most of us went to a beer hall and our tour guide even came which as great. So all in all, I really enjoyed munich and I really hope I can come back with my family. But now I'm on the train on my way to interlaken which should be really fun and of course, beautiful!

No comments: