Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm extremely bored right now...

And it has nothing to do with the program. I've always had on on problem with oversleeping (evident by the +10 8 a.m. BIOL 112 classes and the two 8 am 112 labs that i missed or slept thru last semester) but what happened today was ridiculous. It's safe to say its the first time I've slept thru 2 alarms AND 2 calls. So now I'm any hour later than everybody else and I'll be alone on this train for a good two hours. I guess that gives me time to blog about yesterday...

We went to a research farm out near Bonn where they were doing various studies on different livestock, mainly in reproductive technology. I found everything they did to be extremely interesting, ranging from cloning to reproductive ability to even BSE and scrapies. I found it kind of unusual the German dairyman's conception rate was so low, around 30 percent. I know a main cause is heat, something they don't really have. Its possible that selecting for ever higher milking rates has caused on on larger problem than I had once thought. I could go on and on, but the chance to see their technology as well as hear about European agriculture was great. There are definitely a number of differences...

This blackberry is starting to make my thumb hurt, so this'll be all for now... Hopefully I can eventually make it to where I'm supposed to be.

No comments: