Thursday, July 19, 2007

the Rhein, the wine, the zoo, oh my!

I really liked the Rhein river boat tour! We have spent sooo much time in an urban environment, it was really cool to spend some time in the countryside. I really liked spending time in Bacharach just walking around in the town. These small villages were exaclty what I envisioned of Germany, before I actually came here. So it was really cool to see that. I'm not a big hiker, and when they said we were going to have to walk all the way up the huge hill to see the castle, I was a tad bit pissed, but the walk wasn't bad and it was well worth it! The castle was soo cool. I thought it was funny how the bathroom just had a hole in it where waste would just fall all the way to the ground in the garden, and that enemies would try to penetrate the castle through the bathroom hole!! I don't have much a taste for wine, so I really could not tell the difference between the various wines we tasted. It was really interesting to see that, because I had never really done anything like that before. It was interesting. The zoo was sooooo much fun, because we got to see the baby elephant up close. It wasn't really a baby, but it was small, and it was really cool watching the elephant trainer, walk the elephant through some commands. It was interesting to see that elephants require a stable caregiver, and that he talks to them. We're off to Zurich and I can't wait!!!

No comments: