Monday, July 30, 2007

Back "Home"

Today was our first day in Dusseldorf in a week. We got into the train station around 6:30 am from Prague.
It feels good to be back "home." I do consider Dusseldorf home right now. I sleep and eat here, and its the place i come to after a long day of school.
Today was the first day i felt like i was a citizen of Dusseldorf. This morning when i got back i took a shower and headed out to school on the tram. It was second nature to me. I knew where to get off and transfer to the next tram and which stop to get off at to get to the AIB. I felt like just another Dusseldorf morning commuter heading to work. After class was over i headed back home, ate a light lunch, and took a nap. It reminded me of College Station. After class in CS i head back home and take a nap. After my nap i went to the internet cafe and worked on my research paper. Came back home because dinner was ready by 7 and headed back out afterwards.
Today was different than all the other days because we didnt do anything that made me feel like a tourist. No tours anywhere and i didnt need any help to find my way around town.
It has taken over three weeks, but Dusseldorf has finally grown on me.

No comments: