Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Well we are on our way to the vet school in hannover to stay overnight. This past weekend I spent in interlaken which was so gorgeous and really a relaxing weekend. It really is good to see all the sights in europe that you can but it was nice to go for a weekend on what felt like a really relaxing vacation. The best part about it was being in the alps and being constantly surrounded by such a gorgeous view. But after so much traveling with the program and on the weekends it'll be nice to spend this weekend in dusseldorf with my host parents before we leave for good. I really am going to miss them when I leave, because they've been such great parents to us while we've been here and I know I've definitely learned a lot from them because they really do enjoy sitting for hours talking with us. Last night laura and I went to see a movie with our host mom, christa. It was on koonigsallee (yeah, don't know how to spell that!)And it was called "Angel". Well as a movie,it was pretty awful! But it was probably one of my favorite nights with my host family and will definitely be a good memory. Because it was so awful and overly dramatic that it as hilarious! We all just kept looking at each other during the most dramatic parts laughing and wondering if maybe it was really all meant to be a joke! She was apologizing for picking a movie like that but really I had so much fun and it was such a good night because you couldn't help but talk about it and imitate afterwards...so I'm really glad that we get to know families so well, because of times like these. I would never get all the knowledge I've gotten from my host family and learned so much about the german way of life if I had just been in a dorm with other students. Having host families has really added to the experience and I'm so glad I got such a great one! Too bad we have to leave them in a week!

No comments: