Friday, July 27, 2007

"PW to the Max"

...Just on on quote from Dr. Musser while in the Hofbrauhaus yesterday... We're on a train to Interlaken, Switzerland and I wish I was staying in Munich. The Bavarian culture is nothing less than awesome and I could have stayed an entire week longer. The odd thing about Munich is that it is what we Americans think of when we stereotype Germany, but Munich is somewhat seen as barbaric and not-German by the rest of the Deutsch.

Yesterday we went to the Dachau concentration camp. It was the only place I've visited that I couldn't take pictures of for my own reasons. I won't be bringing photos back because its not something to show people...its something that must be experienced in order to have a personal, emotional response. The brutality and inhumanity of the Nazis coupled with the suffering of the prisoners is not something I will forget. God have mercy on their souls because there was no mercy for them on this earth...

No comments: