Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Last weekend we left munich for prague. I can't say which place I've seen is my favorite because they have all been so different, but this weekend was the most fun. Prague is so beautiful we were entertained just walking the streets. I did a lot of cheap shopping, watched a classical music concert in an old church, went to a bar and danced like an idiot to trashy techno music. We met a new zealander and some londoners at a jazz bar saturday night. I told them my name was penelope and they actually bought it even though I am a bad liar and didn't even answer to it half of the night. Instead of worrying about seeing everything I can on the weekends I've found it's better just to go on a whim and find random fun. This weekend I'll probably just stay in dusseldorf with my host family. I am actually pretty excited about it. I like germany and am finally getting familiar with the language and customs. I know my opinion is not representative of the group, but I've found its more worth my time here to try to learn as much as I can about the people and cultures rather than try to fit in as many places and pictures as possible. I think if that was my priority I would have missed it. I've enjoyed the weekends away, but all in all I would rather learn a few places thoroughly than many places only superficially. I know I will come back to europe again someday, so I am trying to take advantage of the time I have in germany.

No comments: