Tuesday, July 31, 2007

On the bus again

Once again we are back on another bus to the vet school in Hannover. I am really excited about doing vet stuff for the next two days. I'm pre-vet, but really unsure about whether I want to go to vet school or not. I'm really hoping I will get a lot out of these next two days.

This weekend I was part of the group that went to Interlaken. I decided to pass on the canyoning, but kind of wished I would've done it. Sarah, Michelle, and Kaylee, and I went horseback riding instead and it was really fun. It was amazing riding with the Alps all around us and walking alongside part of the river. Our main guide didn't speak too much English, except for "Hold the reins short!" He was funny though because apparently he was telling us that whoever rode in front of his horse had to buy him a drink when we got back. I didn't understand this until Michelle mentioned it later, and I guess I owed him a few drinks because my horse had decided she had to be in front of everyone for almost the whole ride and I didn't try to stop her. All our horses kept wanting to just stop and eat the really green grass, but we made it back and I'm still a little sore from riding in the small English saddle. Later that day we went to the "beach" that the people at the hostel told us about. We were kinda disappointed when we got there and saw no sand. It was really just a park by the lake, but it was beautiful and so nice to relax by the water. Sunday we went to Grindelwald, walked up some really steep hills, and got some really good views of the mountains. It was great being in a small town for a change this weekend. The huge cities can feel so overwhelming some time to me, but I was happy to get back "home" to Dusseldorf.

No comments: