Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Nurnberg sausages with horseradish... not mustard

Week 3
These past couple days have been hard because everyone is starting to wear down and fall under the weather. I, myself, had to stop by the apotheke to get some meds and everyone has been popping cough drops left and right.

We've had a few lectures on Nazi Germany and Hitler recently. It's amazing how one man can convince so many to follow his ridiculous ideas. I realize they were not just his ideas but a group's ideas. But it's incredible the things they accomplished. Well besides all of the evil things I mean. Their architecture is nothing but massive and impressive and most still stands today.

Nurnberg and Bingen were rich in German heritage. The ruins of Disibodenberg was probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen before in my life. I felt like I was walking through the set of a movie or something. The stones that remained were grown over with grass and trees. I was in a different world.

No comments: