Tuesday, July 24, 2007

wow

Last weekend we went to Bruges for a day and it was fun. We ate some Belgium waffles and they were amazing. We took another night train which is always so much fun. On Sunday I spent the day with my host family. We had a huge breakfast and then the whole family went for a walk along the Rhein and we drank some coffee and had icecream. Meredith and I wanted to go shopping but everything was closed, and I mean everything!!!

On Sunday afternoon Meredith and I witnessed a purse mugging that contained a lot of chasing and screaming right in front of us and ended in the mugger being pushed hard to the ground by two large men.

Southern Germany has been great so far. Getting to see the exact places where the nazis and Hitler rose to power has been incredible. Learning all of this about the Nazis makes me sad, but extremely frustrated and even angry. I'm really looking forward to our time in Munich and visiting the concentration camp.

No comments: