Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Yesterday we took a cruise up the Rhine River. It was so relaxing! Just what a lot of us needed after being on the go for almost 2 weeks.
We took a train to Bacarach, which was a town that bought how I pictured Germany before I got here to life. It was so pretty, I loved it! And if I thought that was bautiful, then I can't imagine what I'm going to think once we get to Munich and the Bavarian region. I probably will not want to leave. I might have to be dragged away kicking and screaming.
I found a big bottle of 1.5% milk there, and I fugured it was as close as I was going to get to skim milk so I bought it. I miss skim!!!
Anyway, like I said, the cruise was a great opportunity to just chill, catch some sun, and take in the scenery.
We got off and had lunch at a resturant owned by the sweet old couple that had the winery and were going to have a wine tasting for us later in the day. Lunch, however, was.... not so satisfying? I don't eat beef and I will only eat pork if I am forced to with gun to my head. They brought out a humungous slab of fried pork! So not only was it pork, it was FRIED. We also got a side of pomme frittes. We're they trying to give us all heart attacks? Sorry, I apologize. I am a health freak. Needless to say, though, I ate the pork while holding my nose and pretending it was chicken. I wish we would have been told what we were getting prior to arriving.
We took a hike up to the Marksburg castle, and this morning, my gluteals are sore. on the way up, there were four horses tied u on the side of the path and I went nuts! Haha! I have been having equine withdrawal so the site of them made me quite happy. The tour was interesting, but there was another group of people we did not know, and it was crowded. Mirium was angry about that because we were supposed to get a private tour.
After the hike down, we did the wine tasting. It was fun, but I don't do the whole alcohol thing. Not even in small amounts. It's just not me. I did try some very small sips so I would not seem rude, but my goodness, I don't understand how people drink the stuff! Aquired taste? Perhaps. I was more into the bread. I love bread.
Class is starting now, so this concludes my post.

No comments: