Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Interesting Week/Weekend

So, this weekend I went to Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber which was an amazing little city. Unfortunately, going solo doesn't have the perks so I prettymuch ran out of stuff to do after the first full day there. I went to the beerfest on Friday and Saturday, and woke up super early on Sunda and made it back to Dusseldorf by noon. I ended up hanging out with Jacob Davis and Andrew Webster, going to a student worker at AIB's birthday party and passing out (low blood sugar). I then woke up at then hospital and went home.

Next day I had another diabetic problem because my insulin pump wasn't giving insulin, which means I showed up with Dr. Musser a little bit later, but had a wonderfully cool taxi ride. We saw the animal research center which was really interesting, particularly the holes in the sides of the cows. I got the impression that the cattle/dairy industry is not where you want to be if you want to make large amounts of money. unless you're doing it large scale of course.

Tuesday, we went to the North Rhine Westphalia Heart and Diabetes center which was just as interesting if not more because I saw an actual open heart surgery. I'm still not really sure if I want to be a surgeon, a researcher, or if I'd even want to go M.D./Ph.D. I guess I'll figure that out soon. Yesterday, we took a nice cruise on the Rhine, had schnitzel, went to the Marksburg castle, drank wine in a little wine cellar, and bought some wine for my older brother and parents. Now I just need to figure out a legal way to take it back to the states. I think I'll get Joey to pack it since he's 21 and just give them to my 22 year old brother at the airport. Who knows?

Anyway, a little tired and a week that started off kind of bad, but could have been worse. I'm looking forward to Harry Potter this weekend because I went ahead and reserved the British version even though I have the American version coming to my house. A day trip to Bruges, Belgium this weekend (Saturday) and a day of reading HP (Sunday). Good end to a week started off bad.

No comments: