Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On the road

Well we have been traveling on the road for some time now. I have noticed a few things about travel in germany. We are traveling with a bus and I must say that our bus driver is quite impressive. There have been multiple scenarios where he has maneuvered the bus like a smart car. The radio on the bus plays a collection of music that is impossible to predict. Granted some of the songs are German folk songs but nonetheless...I normally wouldn't expect Dolly Parton followed by the Grease soundtrack.

We have stopped so far in Nuremberg and are now on our way to Munich.I knew that these cities had some involvement with the Nazis during their time of power but I never the extent. Nuremberg was basically a nazi city, with everything revolving around the party. There was some impressive architecture but unfortunately some of it was destroyed during or after the war. For me the most impressive site was zeppelin field. Although the grounds aren't complete or decorated, the grandiose is undeniable. Its a scary thought to think of the place filled with the nazi supporters. It really offers an insight to how important show of power was at that time. I'm excited to be traveling to Munich and can't wait to hear the stereotypical brass band over a stein full of beer.

No comments: