Monday, July 23, 2007

20.7.2007 pre-Paris

Again, a late posted post, but I swear I will get it on time soon!

Hallo! So were on the train to Paris, and I'm really not all that excited. Everyone keeps saying that if you come to Europe, you go to Paris. Well, what if I dont want to do what everyone else does? I really didnt want to spend another weekend in a giant city with lots of other people, but a young lady just cant go anywhere by herself. I didnt want to go to Zurich- saw the airport and that was enough for me, had to pay 20 euro cents for a packet of ketchup whereas in texas it comes in a pump and you get it for free. So, i'm going to Paris, city of love... Ug. We did meet 2 Americans on the train who have spent some time in Paris who gave some good advise as to where to visit, what not to waste your money on, and of course, where to party. Side note- today's movie about the White Rose members and their trials as nazi war traitors was amazing. Sad, but amazing. I can't understand how she was so strong through the entire interrogation and sentencing. Her story should not go untold. More to come on Paris...

No comments: