Saturday, July 01, 2006

Its time to get CRUNK!

Howdy!! I'm Melissa Cleavinger and I'm a Senior BIMS major from Garland, TX. I have been so bogged down with life that it seems like I'm so unprepared for this trip and that makes me more nervous than anything. I feel like I'm taking this whole experience by the seat of my pants and I think thats just dandy. I just finished packing and I hope my suitcase is under the weight limit...its kind of bulging. Anyway, so I'm an expert procrastinator in a nutshell. I have been to Europe (London and Paris) although I was younger and didn't really appreciate the experience which I look back and think why was I listening to Greenday instead of the guided tour at the Louvre... Now that I am older and not so selfish I can't wait to have another experience abroad. I think in College Station I get tunnel vision and I begin to take life a little too seriously and I begin to go stir crazy. I'm looking at this trip as not only academic and cultural enhancement but also as a break from my reality to find what matters most to me. I love, love, love to dance, watch movies, read, shop, gossip, work out, go out to the hall or midnight rodeo, and, well, really just have a crazy wicked time and enjoy life while I'm young!! If any of those are your interests we'll get along fantastically:) I am eager to see how European medicine differs from the US and how both contribute on a global basis. To be honest, I have no idea what to expect as far as class goes, but I did see a picture of a boy with his arm in a cow and I really want to do that because I've learned about it in several classes. I hope that doesn't make me sound weird because to be honest I'm the coolest gal you'll ever meet!! Can't wait to see you guys in Germany!!!

No comments: