Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dusseldorf has more!!

I didn't realize..... Dusseldorf had more. I mean, here in Dusseldorf there are many historical architects that I didn't know about. This weekend I decided to stay here in Dusseldorf so that could work on my paper. Plus I could spend some time with my host family. ( I think they wanted that very much, they didn't like the fact that I was always gone.) Another good reason I stayed in was, I could catch up on sleep, this is always a good reason!! hahaha.
Well, Saturday(yesterday), my host father wanted to take me on a bike ride again... he said " I want to show you the historical part of Dusseldorf, and not the city" ... I thought I was a great idea, since I haven't been in Dusseldorf that much.. Well, we are here, for AIB, but after class and everything, well, you really cant go out and see stuff here in Dusseldorf. My host Father was telling me that Dusseldorf also has a good amount of history to it. So, my host Father and I went off to see these historical sites by bike.

We first head toward south of Dusseldorf, we went through the country side which is just next to the Rhine, I have never seen such landscape..... BEAUTIFUl!!! The area we went through was a natural preserved area. Just the area it self and how it looked was just wonderful, Dr.musser and Dr.Wasser, if you haven't been here, I highly suggest this place for relaxing, a nice walk, or a run might be nice as well. Anyway, we crossed to Rhine by a Ferry-boat, and arrived at the Mid-evil town called "ZONE"... the out walls of the city still show you the mid-evil structure, but inside of the city was a lot of beer gardens, restaurants, and shops. I thought this might be a nice place to show the whole group. But like I said it was full of beer gardens, so I don't know how such yall would Approve that, but it was a nice place to look at.

After we visited "ZONE", we head back to the other side of the Rhine and we went to the Dusseldorf palace , well it was for the emperor, and he used it as a hunting lodge , it was really beautiful, the structure was build more like a French-like palace, even the Garden for the palace was French like. The combination of the Palace made it look modern but, at the sametime it gave it a look of, 1500s, 1600s palace, castle look to it.

It was nice of my host Father to take my out like that, and show me around. I enjoyed very much!!! If anyone is interested in going to these places, please let me know, and I will get directions for you.

No comments: