Thursday, July 27, 2006

Speed Blogging

So I just got to the AIB and I'm trying to quickly post a blog in the 4 minutes Dr. Wasser said we have until class starts. I think I'm going to go with the 6 minutes I have on my watch. This week has gone so fast. We got back early Monday morning from Prague. On the train, we had a lady in our sleeper car that wouldn't let us open the window because air gives her headaches. The other girl that was in the car with Leslie and I was being the interpreter between us and the lady. I told her to ask the lady if she gets headaches just walking outside. She then put a blanket over her head in the 108 degree car and went to sleep. So we slightly got our way....a crack in the window! yay for sleeper cars straight from the Czech Republic. We got to the AIB quite tired, but ready for another week. On Tuesday we went to the great town of Hannover, and stayed in the vet student's fraternity house. At first we were all a little iffy about the situation (in our room there were about 3 mattresses for 7 girls) but we ended up having a great time. After they through us a lovely BBQ, the beer and wine started coming and it didn't stop until about 4 am. We sung and danced to Britney Spears and other songs of the American variety, and had fun watching the awesome moves of the vet students. Oh, and we made the most amazing thing, but no one can take this idea because we are already most likely patenting it. Here it is...a red wine and vanilla ice cream shake. One may think this just doesn't go, but it was the most glorious dessert we had ever tasted. Everyone should try it. Seriously. The next morning we got up early and went to the farm. We wore outfis that made us hot (what's new?), and I even created some major condensation with my feet in the plastic boots. Seeing the surgery done on the cow was so cool though. I love blood and guts. We also went into a big room where they were removing all of the organs of a freshly dead cow. There was a cute dog's head sitting in front of me that had been chopped off, and it had a ball that it had choked on in it's throat still. I hope the owner felt very very bad for not judging the size of the ball before purchasing it. I personally didn't know that Germany had clouds, but it rained on the bus ride back to Dusseldorf and we all had a pleasant nap. This weekend I am going to Brugge/Bruges with Leslie, because we just didn't have time to plan a big trip and frankly we don't care. We would much rather travel a short distance and relax in a small town. We are also going to go hang out on the Belgium coast because it is so close, and the "white sand beaches" actually look quite nice. Who would have thought? Well, the German teacher has arrived so I believe I must bring this to an end. Sorry for any grammar/punctuation errors.

No comments: