Monday, July 24, 2006

A few of my favorite things

Salzburg was without question my favorite city I"ve visited yet. I feel very blessed, because each weekend just seems to be getting better. It was a lovely old city full of churches and cobble stoned streets, and the air seemed cleaner in that area than any that I"ve breathed for a long time. Sarah, Kristin, Mel and I took a Sound of Music tour on Friday afternoon (in honor of you Dr. Wasser) and it afforded a wonderful opportunity to see the astounding beauty of the surrounding country. We also had fun singing along with the incredibly strange little man who was leading the tour. I"ve never seen a man get so into a musical before, but after the initial disturbance on my mind, I chose to find it adoreable and at one point he hailed the four of us as "his singing girls on the back of the bus". The next day I toured the city on bike and took a cruise down the Salzach to Scloss Hellbrunn. I walked up to the fortress and peeked in at the Nonnburg Abbey to end the day and capped it off just sitting on the river bank and gazing at the not so distant Alps. If I ever come back to Europe, I"m heading to Austria.

No comments: