Monday, July 24, 2006

Another Weekend in Dusseldorf

The bus ride from Munich was about forever long. But when I finally got home, I was greeted by the 5-year-old boy, kind of. He was standing in the hallway as I walked in. His actions always seem awkward to me. I said hi to him, and he just stood there. So I had to just stnad there too; he was in the way. After about a minute of awkward nothing, he says hi, but still stands in my way. He finally lets me through and the babysitter, who I've never met, starts telling me that Karen called. And of course, I'm confused yet again. Confusion is probably the theme of this trip for me.

As it turns out, Kellie's host mom Karin had called to invite me over. We had dinner with Karin's granddaughter and two guys from Mexico. Then I spent the night and the next day we biked through a forest and to the lake. Then we had another awesome dinner and watched a German movie... in German. Karin is pretty much my foster host mom.

On Sunday, I wandered around on the railways. Later I ended up at Jan-Wellem Platz where there were African street venders. I bought some bracelets. It was really funny because I was trying to bargain with him but the entire time I had a smirk on my face. It reminded me a lot of Taiwan because there are so many street venders there. Except it's illegal there, so it's always fun watching them all pack up and hide when police come by.

No comments: