Sunday, July 23, 2006

We go in this direction...to have party

Münchenwas by far my favorite city we've been to visit that was actually on the program. The beer was delicious, the people were fun and the activities were numerous. Floating the river on Thursday afternoon really wore me out, but I hadn't had so much fun in a long time. When I was lying out in the sun afterwards, I think that I felt the most physically comfortable that I have this entire trip, which isn't saying much, but there it is. Sarah, Mel, Kristin and I went to the Hof Bräu Haus that same nightand I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven. The moment we walked in we heard loud bursts of folk music, saw people dancing, smelled good food and just sunk ourselves into the atmosphere of loud, merry amusement. I'd like to live there one day.
Later that night, Kristin and I were determined to kareoke and went on a long and determined journey to find a bar. After a bit more alcohol our determination slackened somewhat and we were planning to return home when a nice American boy that Kristin had met started walking us home. Then from out of no where, three Austrian guys emerged from a classically European compact car where all three of them were sleeping. They were very nice and even though they didn't know where we could sing, we stayed out for about 3 more hours just talking with them. But the scary part of the night was lurking in the shadows in the shape of what was probably the ugliest little fellow I ever saw. He had a huge concave forhead, pointy nose, hollow eyes and a mouth comparable to Steven Tyler. He was drunk out of his mind and wanted all of us to come with him to the park to have a "party". He kept telling us to go in this direction and his crazy eyes were lighting up. He told me and Kristin that we could just sit and be as we are, at which the both of us were extremely puzzled until one of the Austrians translated that the scary guy wanted us to take off our clothes. Kristin and I promptly excused ourselves and the American and Austrians walked us to a taxi. I liked the Austrian named Ferdinand the best. He was the designated sober individual of the night and he told me all about Austria and Salzburg. He said that I wouldn't be dissapointed and I most definitely was not. But that's another story for another blog.

No comments: