Thursday, July 27, 2006

Missing the Bus

Today while riding the bus I came to the realization that soon I will have my last trip on public transportation in Dusseldorf. I'm going to miss it. Although it is usually like a hot oven and you can get the occasional smelly man (or woman) reeking body odor next to you, I can honestly say I will miss it. Riding the bus is like being enveloped by German culture. Everyday while riding the bus I feel a little more German. Im actually recognizing the bus drivers. The first time I ever rode the bus I was so nervous that I would miss the stop, but now I practically have the bus stop names memorized. I think I could even time my naping on the bus where I could wake up right before my stop. I think that by saying the names when they annouce them on the speaker has helped me learn German too. So now that I know the bus system so well I am completely at home when riding it. I also love that the public transportation system because it is on time, but wait.... that can also be bad because sometimes Ive had to run after the bus b/c it's so on time that my bus it's early. Yep! I like Germany and I'm going to miss the buses, how crazy does that sound!

No comments: