Saturday, July 29, 2006

25 Krowns per 1 euro... Dinner is how much?

We all got here to praha yesterday afternoon. I'll start the story with the train ride. Derek, Becca, Karen, Kellie and I all were jammed into one "harry potter" compartment for 12 hours. This car had the 3 seats that faced each other and could be closed off from the rest of the train (like the ones from the harry potter movie). Kellie and Derek slept on the floor where it smelled like feet. Karen and I were on the seats on either side in some weird yoga position with our heads hanging off the side. To top it off, Becca was sleeping sitting up with her face pressed against the glass so everyone could see as they walked by.

Once we got to praha we checked into our 80 bed hostel and went walking around. This is such a beautiful city. On our little mini walking tour guided by Derek, we stumbled upon a sign for a concert in one of the churches starting at 9. We all decided that we needed to get a little bit of fine arts in our lives and agreed to go. The concert was AMAZING and the church it was in was all beautifully lit. We got a little video clip of two of the pieces from the show and views from inside the church (Dr. Wasser - you're going to love it!).

This morning we woke up early to go get views of the city without tourists. Kellie and I got a sweet photo of us doing handstands on the bridge. Now, we are all getting ready to start our day, and I think a bike tour is an order.

p.s. I tried to speak chech with the waiter and ask him how his day was. However, I think my Chech is so bad that instead I asked him how rabbits "do it". Awkward

No comments: