Thursday, July 20, 2006

Getting Germany

Not understanding what other people are saying is actally becoming quite normal. Even not being able to read important signs like danger, dont enter, and bathroom for paying customers only hasnt really affected me. I decided that if it came down to it I can always play the 'ich bin Americanerin'. Yep, so me and Germany are getting along real well. I feel confident on the public transportation, knowledgeable about the history, and interested in trying the food. I feel like I am beginning to make a connection to this once far off land. Living in a country really changes your perspective. I feel a deeper connection to people of other cultures in the fact that we really arent that different. Despite the language barrier, I still am able to get smiles from non-english speaking Germans and for that little moment we connected and realized that we really arent people from differing countries, but are dancing, smiling, laughing, thoughful, just trying to make it through life with a bit of fun people. People here are different, but so am I and so is your mama. Yeah so I really do like Germany despite the fact that I can't speak the language or the signs. Im just going to have to get over the fact that bubbly water and fo-hocks are cool things. Yep, so Im getting Germany. :)

No comments: