Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Swiss Alps are gorgeous!!!

I never in my dreams thought that I would go to Switzerland! This was definately the best weekend so far!! We went on a 8 hour hike the first day with three other people from our room in the hostel. The view was absolutely breath taking. We walked to another town, took a train to Lauderbrunnen, hiked for a while by a river, took two gondolas up to Mürren and then hiked down for about 2 hours. We were just playing around, jumping in the river, and running up hills.

We went white water rafting on Saturday. It was amazing! The river was so rough, and it was a rush to get through the rapids. The guide kept saying, "hold on and get down!" In other words, we jumped into the middle of the raft and held on the rope so we wouldn't fly out of the raft. Regina did fall out one time! Her feet were still attached but her head was in the water. And I almost got dragged out the boat by another guide! She came up behind us and grabbed onto my lifejacket, but Regina had a hold of my arm and I was not letting go. Our guide kept grabbing people from other boats and chunking them into the water! He was crazy but lots of fun.

We stayed at a hostel called Funny Farm. And I can definately see why it's named that! It wasn't exactly clean...it was kind of a mix between a frat house and an adult summer camp. The bathroom was called the Thunderbox...I think you get the idea. We became friends with the other three guys staying in our room, and had lots of fun with them. It was definately a fun place to stay and we made lots of friends.

I would definately recommend going to Interlaken! It is gorgeous!!! It was just like I dreamed it would be.

No comments: