Monday, July 31, 2006

I wish my life was a musical.....

ok its true. I really do wish my life was a musical because then at the exact right time the perfect song would come on and everyone would sing and dance to it. It sure would be exciting!
anyways, now that I am so close to the end of the trip my sadness has gone away and I am just anxious to get home. I have so much to do when I get back! I need to see my family, my boyfriend, my babies at church, plus I have to move into a new apt in College Station, go on medical school interviews, get prepared for work week, do recruitment, and then start classes. And in all of that I have to get furniture for my unfurnished apartment. I think I might be sleeping on the couch for a while :) Oh and for those of you following the suit drama, I did find a suit this weekend with my host mom. I think its pretty nice, now all I need are shoes and a blouse. Hopefully I will be able to find that this weekend for TAX FREE shopping in Texas!
So for our last lunch in Duesseldorf Kristen, Melissa, Stuart, Kit and I all decided to go to Eigelstein's (the nearby bar and eaterly with nice looking male German waiters) for lunch. Dr. Musser walked by and we asked him to eat with us and he did. He has really been a ton of fun on this trip. And he loves cows more than anyone I know. Derrick also walked by and we insisted that he sit and eat with us because he was 2 hours late to class so of course he had to tell us the story of why. I had a baked potato with Ranch like dressing and salmon. Yeah strange but it was really good anyway. Lunch was a ton of fun. I really do love this group. Unfortunately we had a girl waitress but she was nice and told us what the menu said because it was all German. Tomorrow we leave for Berlin, and though I will really miss my host family, I am ready to continue my journey. So Duesseldorf, untill we meet again.....Tschuss!!!!

No comments: