Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Too Many Cows

After the past few weeks of our 'studies' I am not sure that I want to be a vet anymore. I still think that I could be a vet, but I really have no interest in learning about or having to constantly deal with cows. I don't know.

We have had so much interaction or just contact with cows this semester. I think this Wednesday was our fifth time. Although it was neat to see the vet student doing the ultrasound on the cow and to see the cow surgery right there in front of us, I don't know if I enjoy being around cows that much. However, I don't know whether I should let my inaffection for cows stop me.

Our trip to Hannover was fun - I particularly enjoyed getting to visit the necropsy lab. It was really cool to see the cow being dissected so soon after it had dies, I guess it was a completely new experience for me cause I have only dissected things after they've been preserved. The cat dissection in progress didn't bother me at all, as I've had the chance to do that myself, although it was interesting that its bowels had been displaced through its diapragm. The dog with the ball in its throat was sad though, cause I couldn't help but imagine that being Phoenix.

The night at the frat house was fun, although pretty much as usual I did not drink anything but cola light. It was nice to get to know Shannon and Leslie a bit better even though its getting towards the end of the trip. Dancing was fun, though hot. I think its the first time I've ever danced in shorts - an odd feeling. As bad as it might seem with us staying on mattresses and the sponsors heading to their hotel, sleeping went fine, although I did get a mattress to myself. I guess the entire situation would have been perfectly acceptable had there been a mattress for each student.

No comments: