Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I go to the toilet and bring you a beer...................

Yes, that is what Carstin (I'm not very sure how to spell his name, but I know how to say it!) told me, and after the very strange look I gave him he said oh no no! I mean I must use the toilet and then I will go get you a beer from the bar and bring it here. It was quite humerous. The language barrier has been very exciting to overcome and I have greatly enjoyed playing the English word guessing game. You know the one, they tell me the German word, then try to describe it with every strange English word they can think of, and then I guess the real word for it. Its quite a fun game :)
So yes, as I know we will all blog, we had a sleep over at a German veterinary fraterneity house, not quite the bedless adventure my host mom was afraid of. I had a bed in a room indoors and everything. Except a blanket, thank goodness my ever prepared host mother packed me with one. She is great :-D
I know I had said I really missed Southern hospitality, but I definetly feel like I got a taste of it in Hannover. The guys and girls were all so nice to us. They had a huge bbq with lots of potato salad and bread and cabbage. It wasn't quite a Texas bbq, but I definetly appreciated it. Plus they gave me ice cream. Oh! And I got to dance! I'm not sure if there is anything more fun than jumping around inside a German frat house to the YMCA. If there is, let me know and we'll start to compile a list. But after everything, I truly do appreciate everthing the people in Hannover did for us. It was way better than staying in a hotel, and I feel I learned so much more about Germans my age.
Today, after a refreshing 4 hours of sleep, we traveled around the vet school, and to a cattle and small animal clinic. I don't want to be a vet, but if I did, I would work with cows. They are so cute! And maybe cheeps too, but definetly cows. We watched part of a necropsy of a cow, we watched a surgery on a cow (it was awake!!!!!), and lots of other interesting cow related items. Plus we got to dress up in white coveralls that made me look like the Michelin man. Oh! and yesterday I got to see a baby cow try to be born. Strangely I think it was much more exciting than seeing a human baby born. And when you see the way Dr. Musser lights up when he's around cows, you just can't turn away. I hope when I am practicing medicine I will always have that light in my eyes.
Well, since that was just about the most random blog I have done so far, I will have to sign off for the night and get some real sleep in a nice quiet house :)
Only 8 more days til Texas!

No comments: