Monday, July 31, 2006

Roman Holiday

So this is definitely a little late, but I have to write about Rome! It was my favorite weekend trip by far even though it was exhausting! It started with a train ride that I was sure we were going to kicked off of, but we made it to Rome without any problems. The Colosseum was so cool, and we found the ATM carved in there...which we took pictures with. I think its funny that someone did that but at the same time I feel bad that they graffitied a historical monument. I guess everyone else carves their name in it too, but its still bad. Then we went to the Roman Forum and dwelt as the Romans did back in the day. That night we ate dinner at the best restaurant ever! We asked for lots of ice and they gave us an entire bowl full of it! We took pictures because we were so excited! The waiter thought we were crazy. The next day was the Vatican and all I can say is AMAZING! It was more beautiful than I ever imagined. Sunday we went to a beach in Rome with no towels or sunscreen...we were very unprepared. We had to lay out in the sand and I got burnt and also had to deal with sand in my hair all the way back to Dusseldorf. It was pretty gross, but the beach was definitely worth it. I really have to go back to Rome someday, hopefully someday soon.

No comments: