Sunday, July 30, 2006

Roses and cherry beer... I loved Belgium!

This weekend started off pretty relaxed. I came home after class was out and packed and my wonderful host mom cooked me a really good meal, then I was off to meet Chrissy to go to Brugge. A quiet place we had been told, good for relaxing... perfect for our last weekend in Europe. Every other travel adventure had ended in some pretty crazy stories in which if I had not myself lived them I do not know if I would believe they were true. So we were off for a nice relaxing weekend.......

When Chrissy and I arived at our hostel we checked in at a bar. How nice I though, wondering if the noise was going to keep me awake. Chrissy and I went to our rooms and noiced that the other three beds had boys clothes on them... mixed dorms are funny. We decided we were not ready for bed so we went down stairs. We meet a few guys that worked there and some guy named wave... well his name ment wave. The whole time I was thinking wow I am glad I have friend like Chrissy who is just as outgoing as I am. We like to make friends. There is a story in here about the North Sea, it is pretty funny, ask Chrissy about it.

The next moring we made friends with everyone in our room, a girl had come in who hung out with us all day. We went around town, it was very cute, did some shopping, ate a waffle. For dinner we ate our hostel and we came down stairs it was pretty late and people (the locals) had already started drinking for the night. Right when we entered the bar to eat this guy points at us yelling something not in English getting almost everyones attention stairing right at us... then says in English Sorry dont mind me. We ordered food and this yummy cherry beer (a must have and something I will search for the states, hopefully world market will have it!). Chris and I noticed EVERYONE of the guys at the bar were stairing at us while we ate... we were really confused and very nersous. We saw Wave again and talked to him then make our way to bed. As we rounded the corner this guy grabed my arm and pointed to his friend and said... You are the future mother of his childeren!... My responce was, o well thats nice good night. Slightly awarkward moment. Later that night the two guys in our room came home and woke me up giving me two white roses... yes two white roses. I was soo confused, he told me they were for me. I managed to say, you bought me roses??? After a few moments of total confusion I found out someone had placed them in the card lock of the door. I had remebered waking up to alot of noises early in the night but dismissed it as the people in the next room, I was wrong. I bet ur wondering how they knew which room to go to... well our card keys didnt work the second day and after dinner we had them reset them. Needless to say it was pretty funny weekend that was anything but low key and relaxing as we expected. I guess it is all about personalitly and enjoying life... which I do to the fullest!

O and we saw fireworks in Koln, that was cool. I finished reading Angels and Demons on the trian... it was really good, a must read! We were also wondering... women do not have atoms apples right??

No comments: