Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Better late than never

I never wrote about last week in Munich, so I'm going to do it now even though its been a while since then. So I loved Munich. It might be one of my favorite cities. The English Garden was so much fun and seeing an old naked man running might be one of the funniest/grossest things I've ever seen! The night was so much fun too...the Hofbrauhaus was touristy, but still a blast. Stuart and I went on a quest to find a karaoke bar and ended up meeting an american, and 3 austrians in an irish pub. (I also spent 10 euros in that same pub buying a Jack and Coke. These Europeans need to realize that Jack Daniels is the best and not charge so much for it.) Anyways, we never found the karaoke, but we did find a crazy german man who looked very much like a cartoon man. I drew a very good likeness of him, but I couldn't quite capture the crazy look in his eyes. He wanted us to "go in this direction to the party" and also "go to the english gardens where we can be as we are." When I asked the Austrians what that meant they said, "I think that means he wants us to get naked." We left shortly after that. In spite of the crazy man, I had so much fun in Munich and I really want to go back someday. After Munich, we went to Salzburg and went on the Sound of Music tour. It was really cheesy, but fun. We also saw the Mirabell Gardens which were amazing, so I've decided that I'm getting married there. I hope my future husband doesn't mind flying to Austria for a wedding. From Salzburg, Melissa and I took a night train to Lichtenstein, which is the smallest country ever. We walked around for an hour and I think we made it through half the country. Melissa was quite a sight in the train station in her pajamas sleeping on this metal bench. She got quite a few looks...I think people thought she was homeless. Then we went to Lucerne in Switzerland. It was so beautiful there. I had to sneak into our hostel because we only booked one bed, but luckily it turned out ok. We went up to the Alps which were incredible. I was so scared going up the mountain though, but I made it up and down in one piece.

No comments: