Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I see naked people

A little behind-it was a crazy week. Last Thursday we went to a Farm where they researched using embryo transfers. They did some cloning as well as the embryo transfers using the best quality heifers. I really enjoyed it and I've always thought if I went into research (yuck!) that I would love to work with embryos. I think the funniest part of the day is when the Vet said he was now going to show us "the cheeps!" "the cheeps!". Yeah, the sheep. Dr. Musser also told me that you can do an internship there which I thought would be fun also because its beautiful there and they speak English. Friday we started with German class but skipped Vet Med and I got some things sorted out with my host family. I still dont believe its a cultural barrier problem but more of a human decency problem. Joelle wasn't home when I got home and packed and left so I left her a thank you note for lunch and it seemed to go over well. After that Regina and I caught a plane to Barcelona and I went out with 15 people from the hostel that I didn't know, and honestly, it was the best night I've had so far. We went to a nightclub down by the beach where we danced until 5am-and people where still going after that! I didnt get home until 6:30, but then we woke up at 9:30 to do the Fat Tire Bike Tour. I really enjoyed it and seeing the La Sagrada Familia was worth the plane ticket there alone. Our tour guide made sure we didnt see it until we biked to the best place to view it, and when we all turned around it was a chorus of oooohhs and ahhhs. I loved it. After the bike tour we went to the Picasso museum which was cool because everything was Picasso and he had such a wide range of work throughout his life that I didn't even know about. He used so many different styles of painting and different painting materials that it was neat to see how they changed during different periods of his life. Next, we hit up the Mediterranean where I finally got to pass out and Regina swam. By that time we were starving, so we decided to try this place that our bike tour guide told us we should try. We thought it would be authentic Spanish food so we waited in line for like an hour, but it was the kind of food you would see at a steakhouse-I ordered salmon as usual. After the half caraffe of sangria I was ready to get back to the hostel where I met an Aussie girl. The first thing she told me was that she was just getting into American country and how it was weird!...more explicit words were used than that. Then I told her I was actually from Texas and I had her listen to Jason Boland and she cracked up because he was singing about Pearl Snaps. I've decided I love the hostel situation because I've never met so many people in one weekend before. Sunday we went back to the beach where I got to swim in the Mediterranean with allllll the topless girls of Spain. Its so weird to me how they can just walk around like that-in America all the guys would be starin all googley eyed at all of them, but its not like that at all in Europe. Took the plane back and started packing for our long week touring Germany. It was a good time:)

No comments: