Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Just sing it: Rockin the boat

First thing, Miriam said that the number 8 train went by the dokumentationszentrum and just to set the record straight, only the 9 and 6 do. But its okay I used my orienteering skills to navigate us to HBF and finally to train 8. Actually, I asked someone and they told me how to get home. Other than that minor episode, the Nazi structures that we have been visiting today gave me a eerie vibe. It is kinda scary that in only a matter of years these massive Nazi rally fields were built. And back at A&M it takes a matter of years just to patch up a road on campus. It is crazy what can happen if people put their mind to it. In other news, I am learning how to eat like a European (simultaneously using knife and fork). They don’t dip their food into sauce; they use the knife to scoop it on. It is just a little different since I have to use the fork in my left hand instead of right. I have also been mistaken for a German 3 times in one day. My cover was blown when I told them I did not speak German. Anyway, I am excited for Interlaken this next weekend. I love chocolate. tchüss
-Erin Briskie

No comments: