Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thoughts by Erin

I don't know if anyone has posted about the city night life train story yet but let me just give a little cliff notes version. So, Becca Derek and I are coming back from Interlaken on our first overnight train. Our train gets into Dusselforf at 6 in the morning and we have to be at class at 9. To give a mental image of the seats we were in just think of an egg shaped pod. So in the middle of the night the train comes to a stop and when we wake up we realize that we are 2 hours behind. Becca and I go up about 4 cars to find a worker to figure out what is going on. All of our stuff is back at our egg pods. The worker tells us that, in very broken english, this is where the cars split and we are now going to amsterdam. So we run back because we think we have been separated from our stuff. Thankgoodness we were not split, but now we have to figure out where we are. Later we find out that we are on this other track that is going to be going through dusseldorf but we are not stopping there. so we go and talk to another personel to figure out how we can get off. Somehow, by the grace of god, the train stops just for us in koln. So we gather up all our stuff and try to get off the train. As i am slamming everyone in the head with my stuff trying to get off, I get caught in the door and can't move. But in the end, Becca, Derek and I get off in Koln and are back in dusseldorf only 1 hour behind schedule. I love city night life trains.

another story, I went running the other day and got lost. So I decided to back track because that was the only way i knew how to get home. I couldn't walk b/c it would take too long. I ended up running for over an hour. My legs are sore but I don't feel as bad about eating pastries.

Anyway, We are going to prague this weekend and staying in a 70 bed hostile... This is just a story waiting to happpen. Party on

No comments: