Thursday, July 27, 2006

Vets heaven, Hannover.

Our group came back from Hannover last night. Well, Hannover, from my point of view, Hannover was veterinarians heaven!!. I have never in my life seen such a huge cattle clinic. They have every thing they ever need, a school and a clinic to study in, a Frat house to live in, close to the school, which is nice, and what's even better is, they go all the way, they have a place to party!!!. After Dr.Wasser and Dr. Musser left the building.... the party grew and exploded. Definitely, it looked like they knew how to loosen up a little. Also, the BBQ was great, it was the best thing to use, so we could loosen up and talk to the vet students. Oh, I have to tell this.... Greg, invented some thing amazing... if you mix ice-cream and red-wine together.... oh my G*d... It tastes sooo good. I was amazed at it how it actually tasted. If anyone is interested, you should try this.

OK, Now lets talk about the next day, we visited the vet school and the clinic. Which was a nice experience for me, since I am pre-med student, it was a different point of view of medicine. Also it reminded me that I glad I am going into human medicine and not veterinarian medicine. Well first, I really don't enjoy the animal smell, and I don't think I could ever " Cut open a small animal", don't get me wrong, I love animals in general, but I just think I could ever watch an animal die in my own hands..... so, this trip was a nice experience, but it made me sure that I glad that I am not in vet medicine.

Now I want to talk about some of the stuff we saw in the clinic. Definitely it was my first time watching a surgery on a cow. I was really amazed of how they operated on the cow. It was standing up, I didn't know that was possible, it still is kinda weird to me.. Oh well.
I also was really interested in the procedures they use in the operation.

Oh, By the way, Dr. Musser, Dr.Wasser, if you see me doing something weird on the student videos....ahhh please don't mind. HAHA. (Dancing....etc...)

No comments: