Tuesday, July 18, 2006

July 18, @ Nüremberg.

The first day in Nuremberg. WOW. I have to say, the city is amazing...!!! Its a huge city, but not like other huge city's , it really has a relaxed feeling to it, not like a monster, concrete city. Another reasons that I think the city has a relaxing, not crowded feeling to it, is that, the city contains a lot of the old city, old structer bildings, and a lot of green( parks and natur) to it.

we first had a tour of the city, which was one of the best tour we had so far, in my opinion. The lady( tour guide) that took us around the city was just amazing, she really did a good job of explaning things. I gotta say the view from the castle was beautiful!!! The castle it-self was amazingly build, in a way so the castle could protect its self, back in the days.

In the afternoon, we went to the Nazi-documentation-center. WOW, the history in this building was world less, the stuff in the museum was really shocking..... well lets say I learned alot to day about to whole idea of Nati gathering. Sorry I cant find a word the fits my feelings now about the nazi-documentation-center..... also I was soooo astonished of the size of every thing.....

Just being in the same place... that where once before history was made, made me feel amazed... thinking that, about 60 years ago.... at the point where I am standing... Hitler once stood....WOW, thinking of it that way Its hard to believe that I am actully here in Germany, but the truth is, I am in Germay. I also thought that, since I am half japanese, and spent some time in japan, I was also educated about the war. I noticed that there was a huge difference in the way the WAR was shown to the poblic.... I will go in deeper about this once we finish all observing the nazi, war tours.

Anyway today has been a really good day. I have learned a good amount about the war IN GERMANY, which is great, since learning about nazis, Germany is the best place to do it.
I am really looking forword to tonight, I wonder what kinda exciting stuff is out there. Oh by the way... last night was sooo much fun with every one in our gourp going out and having drinks together, plus Dr. Musser and Dr. Wusser came with us!!! GREAT!!!

No comments: