Tuesday, July 18, 2006

lost: yet again

Well the first two weeks weren't too great for me so I've kind of just been waiting for things to pick up, and for us to go to Nuremburg and Munich. I guess I don't know myself as well as I thought. I mean, I know myself better than anybody else does or ever will, but I found out that I not only have a lot to learn about other people and other things, I have more to learn about myself. Wow - a run on. I remember when we had to write stories in the second grade and I would fill up a whole page and still be on the same sentence. Not that that has anything to do with anything. I love double words, like how I just used "that that" right there. It's so hard to come up with examples of those off the top of one's head.

I guess I've been waiting for the history part of the trip because I think that it's the part of the trip that will impact me most. I like traveling but I feel so lost here already. We've only been in Nuremburg for a day. I don't know the address of the hotel, or even exactly what part of Germany I'm in. It's so weird because I feel like I can navigate Dusseldorf already, so now that we're staying in another city, I'm lost again.

Today was definitely an informative day. It's so crazy to think that the Nazis came into power so quickly. That people can be so desperate for help that they could let that happen. But then again, it's almost completely understandable. It's so scary to think that one person could take power like that. And even scarier to think that if I had lived in that time, I would have probably been sucked in too.

No comments: