Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fastest week ever!

Wow...this week has flown by and I can't believe it is already Saturday. I really enjoyed both Wurzburg, Nuremburg, and Munich. I wish we would've had a little more time in Munich because the city was very enjoyable. I also feel that I have learned a lot just about German history over the past few days. Dachau was a great experience as was Nuremburg and the Nazi Documentation center. On Thursday a few of us went to the river in Munich and floated down. It was a lot of fun and needless to say Shannon and I didn't have our swimsuits with us (and no we didn't just blend in with the Europeans) so we bought some mismatch cheap suits which definitely did the job. That night Shannon and I took our first overnight train to Vienna and it wasn't bad at all. I got about five hours of sleep but come mid afternoon the next day I was exhausted. We got to Vienna at 6 am and then toured around the city on the tram using Rick Steve's self guided tour and then we did the usual and walked around the city. I was actually slightly disappointed in Vienna and I'm sure it was partly because of how tired and exhausted I was. We definitely layed down on park benches and took a nice long nap after lunch in one of the gorgeous parks in the city. Right now the two of us and Greg are in Prague and I am much more pleased than with Vienna. The train Shannon and I took to get here last night was probably one of the most miserable rides of my life. The train had no AC which I can deal with, but the windows inside the cabin didn't open so it felt like we were in a sauna. Finally we moved up to a different car and the windows opened so we cooled off slightly. But...I can't complain because it is all part of a great experience! We are about to walk back to the old city and get a bite to eat a few drinks. The city by the way is amazing and the architecture of all of the old buildings is breath taking. To be honest I am not an art/architecture fanatic, but I can defnitely appreciate something that is truly remarkable.

No comments: