Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bavarian Travels

This past week has been fun being in different cities in Bavaria. In Wurtzburg my favorite part was the Prince-Bishop's palace. I loved looking at the ornately decorated rooms. I could not believe that the curtains on the ceiling in the white room were made out of paper mache! They looked so real!!! The most amazing room was the mirror room. It kinda made me dizzy, but the painted-on mirrored walls were beautiful! The best part, though was the wine cellar where some of us got to climb in the wine barrell. I really wanted to go inside it, but by the time the first bunch made it out, we had to leave. We also got to taste one wine-not much of a wine tasting, but it was good so I bought it!

In Nuremburg it was good to see all the Nazi buildings, but at the same time, it was really sad. The Documentation Center was the same way. I liked how you could walk out on that plank and overlook the Congress Hall. The fun times in Nuremburg were at night when we went out to eat and drink with Dr. Wasser, Dr. Müsser, and Miriam! We got to see Dr. Müsser dance and take a shot with some of us, and Dr. Wasser also took one. That was the first night. The next night we got to see Dr. Wasser's funny impressions, and we all tried this arm trick that Katie taught us. It was hilarious!

In Munich, the bike tour was a lot of fun, even though we had a few problems. I loved biking through the English Gardens, although I did not like seeing too much of this naked old man! There were so many teens there--it was crazy! Some of them were floating down the river and at that point on the tour--it looked so inviting!!

Anyways, I think that will be all for this time because I am at an internet cafe and am being charged. To make things worse, this computer has a crappy keyboard, so it takes me twice as long to write everything! Therefore, I'm spending more money than I should be! That's how they get you at these places!!

No comments: