Monday, July 31, 2006

I know the Brussels train station like the back of my hand!

On the way home from Bruges we had to change trains in Brussels. We knew we had to hurry because we didn't have that much time. We walked up to the platform and the train hadn't left yet but the doors had already closed. Well...turns out they won't reopen the doors and I even looked the driver in the eyes and he just shook his head at me. The next train was only an hour later, but we were going to have to make a reservation because it was a Thalys train. It was just our luck that the train was completely full so we had to wait and get on the next train. We ended up have a 2 1/2 hour wait in the train station. We did the usual and walked around, sat at different places and people watched, checked out the grocery store, and ate some ice cream. The time went buy faster than I was expecting and we finally made it home at a much later arrival time than initially expected.

No comments: