Friday, August 03, 2007

Wow, only one week left here in Europe, and I know the days are going to go by so fast. I am excited about going home, but I know I will miss being here.

This week was pretty fun. The vet school was great, but I wish there would've been more on small animals. I felt like the two research farms we have been to were pretty similar, except at the second one we saw the awesome milking machine and we saw the turkeys which were really smelly! Getting to see the necropsies was probably the most interesting part. And I wish we could have seen the cow surgery, but oh well. After this trip I am pretty sure that if I do go to vet school I want to do small animal. I know how important large animal veterinary medicine is and have learned a lot about it from my animal science class at A&M and the excursions on this trip, but I don't think it is for me. I don't even know if vet school is for me, but being a very indecisive person I guess it is normal to think about other options. The BBQ at the German fraternity house was great! Dancing with Dr. Musser was so much fun, and I danced with two of the German guys. They probably think American girls are the worst dancers now because I wasn't good at whatever dancing we were doing, but it was still really fun. I'm glad our whole group got to be together and have a good time with the German vet students.

Yesterday we went to Bayer and learned about their pharmaceutical company. We also visited the fermentation facility, which felt more like a photo shoot than a tour. Anyways, today we are off to Paris for our last weekend! Whoop!

No comments: