Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's going by too fast!!!

Switzerland was a lot of fun. I think it's my favorite place I've been on the weekends, but I was ready to come back to Germany. It feels like home here. I love the people and the atmostphere. I'm sad that we will be going home in 10 days. Switzerland was very expensive!!! This week has gone by really fast. I'm almost done with my paper which will be a big relief.

The trip to Hannover the past two days was good. We covered a lot of ground and it was tiring. I love cows and it made my day to get to pet that calf. I enjoyed getting to see up close what kind of experiments they do on the cows...I never thought I would see someone stick their arm inside a cow's behind, hehe. I really enjoyed spending time with some of their students. As usual, we got the Germans dancing. It's really fun to see Dr. Musser get out there. We have a lot of fun and all of us staying in the hostel was a lot of fun too. We haven't been to a place in Germany yet that I haven't liked.

A lady started talking to me on the tram ride home tonight and I told her I didn't speak German and she then started talking to me about America. She asked me what state I was from and when I told her Texas, she said that Bush was from there and then she asked me what I thought of Bush. It's frustrating how that seems to be people's first response when hearing we are from Texas. I was talking to my host mom about how people seem to dislike Americans because they dislike Bush, and she said that that is exactly how it is here and that it's sad. Oh well. I just try not to open my mouth when I'm by myself about Germany.

Well, this weekend is Paris and I'm very excited. I really can't believe this trip is almost over...

No comments: